Boost your content productivity and originality
5 February 2020, London and in-house UK-wide.
In today’s crowded digital spaces, it’s increasingly difficult to cut through the noise. Successful marketers need to produce a stream of insightful, interesting and shareable content that builds engagement, develops brand awareness, and drives traffic and sales.
And this presents a challenge. Producing large amounts of quality content is time consuming, and every piece needs to engage readers in its own right, as well as contributing to overall marketing goals. In other words, there’s a demand for both quality and quantity.
As a content writer, you need to come up with fresh angles around a similar theme. You need to take part in conversations and be responsive to your audience’s needs and tastes. And you need to be able to do this efficiently and reliably, because the demand for new content never stops.
This course has been developed to help you generate top quality content that’s designed to achieve specific marketing goals. It focuses on how to come up with ideas, create an effective planning process, write powerfully and coordinate your content.
Who is the course for?
This course is right for you if you’re a marketing professional, content writer, small business owner, or anyone else who has to produce content for the web.
• What great content should achieve
• How to create engaging, conversational content
• How to plan
• How to create an effective writing process
• 5 key elements of great content
• How to develop content writing skills
• Where to get ideas from
• Important considerations when you’re repurposing
• Editing and proof-reading tips
• How and why to use storytelling in content
• Ideas for distributing content
1. Introductions – what content are you writing?
2. What should great content achieve?
3. What does effective content look like?
4. Planning to get it right – the brief
5. Creating an effective writing process
6. 5 elements of great content
7. Developing key writing skills
8. Where could you get ideas?
9. What about repurposing?
10. The checking process: editing and proof-reading
This course also includes access to our Writers’ Study, a password protected webspace where we have posted articles, videos, tools and other useful content to help to continue developing as a copywriter after completing the course.
Our open courses take place in central London at bright, energising and creativity inspiring venues. No dingy hotel meeting rooms here! A tasty and healthy breakfast and lunch as well as unlimited refreshments are available during the day.
Gillian’s experience as an award winning copywriter combined with many years working as a trainer and communicator make her a highly effective and popular teacher. Running her own copywriting agency for over a decade, she has worked with clients ranging from international household names to new start-ups, and has written everything from direct mail and brochures to TV ads. As a trainer Gillian especially enjoys the process of creating bespoke workshops focusing on specific industry issues and writing challenges. Her warm personality and engaging training style bring the best out of those she teaches, helping them build confidence as well as technique during their time together.
How to book
St Pancras, London
1 delegate: £495+VAT
2 delegates: £895+VAT
3 delegates: £1245+VAT
We can come to you to delivered this course at your offices or a convenient venue anywhere in the UK.
In most cases we can provide an all-inclusive quote to cover design, delivery and materials with some basic information:
- Which course you are interested in
- Where the course would take place
- How many delegates need to be trained
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.
If you have any questions about this or any of our other courses, please get in touch and we’d be very happy to help.