Unlock the power of the spoken word
For many of us, speaking in front of an audience is one of the most difficult things we’re called on to do at work. And that isn’t surprising. At few other moments is your capacity to influence others’ opinions and ideas so great, including – here’s the scary bit – their opinions about you.
The ability to present powerfully can be crucial in a wide range of situations, from a team meeting to a high-stakes sales pitch. But in every context the formula for success remains the same: Prepare well, choose the right messages, and deliver them in an engaging way.
Some people seem to be natural public speakers, with the ability to connect with their audience and transmit a clear, memorable message. But this confident and engaging style has, in almost every case, been learned and practised. Great speakers are not born, they are the product of hard work.
This course is your opportunity to transform your public speaking skills and your effectiveness as a communicator at work. With a practical focus and opportunities to receive expert feedback on your presenting technque, this course offers a supportive environment in which to build skills and confidence.
Who is the course for?
Anyone who gives presentations or talks as part of their job.
Individual feedback for every delegate on their presenting strengths and weaknesses means that this course can cater to all levels of experience.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your presentation style
- Recognise and overcome the barriers to successful communication
- Understand the challenges of audience memory and retention
- Develop an effective presentation structure which will maintain audience attention
- Know how to use your voice to influence your audience
- Recognise and avoid the main pitfalls of body language and visual aids
- Learn how to interact with your audience confidently
- Learn how to deal with nerves
- Build on existing strengths in your presenting style
- Structuring a presentation
- How to start a presentation powerfully
- Setting the ground rules
- Taking questions from your audience
- Dealing with distractions and curve balls
- Using stories, metaphors and illustrations
- Body language
- Visual aids
- Your voice – using the tone, tempo, resonance and volume of your voice
- Mental strategies for coping with nerves and pressure
- Practical experience designing and delivering a presentation with feedback from our expert trainer.
- Presentations are filmed to enable delegates to experience their presenting style from the audience’s perspective.
Our open courses take place in central London at bright, energising and creativity inspiring venues. No dingy hotel meeting rooms here! A tasty and healthy breakfast and lunch as well as unlimited refreshments are available during the day.
Kate is a highly qualified and experienced trainer, coach and consultant with an industry background in product development with major retailers. Over the last ten years she has worked with thousands of delegates to develop their confidence and skills as communicators and influencers. Kate has a suppotive and open training style and is especially adpet at adapting her approach to suit the needs and personalities of her students. The glowing feedback she receives speaks for itself.
How to book
We can come to you to delivered this course at your offices or a convenient venue anywhere in the UK.
In most cases we can provide an all-inclusive quote to cover design, delivery and materials with some basic information:
- Which course you are interested in
- Where the course would take place
- How many delegates need to be trained
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.
If you have any questions about this or any of our other courses, please get in touch and we’d be very happy to help.