Harness AI to support your copywriting process
29 February 2024, full day virtual workshop (also available ‘in-house’ for groups)
There’s no doubt that AI is a game-changer for copywriters.
Many companies are already taking advantage of its remarkable capacity to generate copy in seconds.
But for all its power, AI lacks some of the most vital of writing skills: true originality, emotional literacy and, above all, good creative judgement.
As a result, AI alone often produces generic, off-key and soulless copy.
So, to get the most from this new tool, we need to find ways to harness its capacities to human insight and copywriting flair.
- Keeping the human at the heart of the writing process.
- Using AI as a resource, not a decision-maker.
- Combining the skills of writer and editor to blend AI output and human creativity in genuinely original and resonant ways.
This workshop teaches you how to do just this, providing a complete practical framework for working with AI without impoverishing your creative process. You’ll leave equipped with the tools and techniques you need to flourish as a writer in the age of AI.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who writes as part of their job. It’s ideal for copywriters and marcoms professionals.
- 8 common misconceptions about AI-generated copy
- What AI generally does well…and what it doesn’t
- How writers and AI can work together
- Ways to use AI to streamline your copywriting process
- Good copywriting practice, and how it provides a solid platform for assessing and adapting AI generated content
- How to use AI tools to generate copy for editing
- How to review and edit AI-generated content
- Core editing and proofreading techniques
- How to put processes in place to check AI-generated copy
- Getting even better: learning from challenges and mistakes
This workshop is delivered live via Zoom by our expert trainer for small groups of students. The content is split into several modules spread across the day to help keep everyone fresh and energised. We include lots of interaction and practical elements, just like in the classroom, with plenty of opportunities to try out new ideas, discuss experiences and get individual advice and feedback.
Lead Trainer: Gillian Heggs
Gillian’s experience as a copywriter who has written award winning work, combined with many years working as a trainer and communicator, make her a highly effective and popular teacher. Running her own copywriting agency for over fifteen years, she has worked with clients ranging from international household names to new start-ups, and has written everything from direct mail and brochures to TV ads.
As a trainer, Gillian especially enjoys the process of creating bespoke courses focusing on specific industry issues and personal challenges. Her warm personality and engaging training style bring the best out of those she teaches, helping them build confidence as well as technique during their time together.
How to book
Open virtual sessions
Next virtual session:
29 February 2024
1 delegate: £395+VAT
2 delegates: £695+VAT
3 delegates: £945+VAT
In-house virtual delivery
If you have a group of three of more who could benefit from this training course we can deliver a private session just for you, whether online or at your offices.
In most cases we can provide an all-inclusive quote to cover design, delivery and materials with some basic information:
- Which course you are interested in
- How many delegates need to be trained
- Roughly when you would want the training delivered
- Whether you are interested in virtual or classroom delivery
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.
If you have any questions about this or any of our other courses, please get in touch and we’d be very happy to help.