Create the strategy, action plan and content to take your audience from awareness to conversion
8th July, London / in-house classroom or virtual deliveries available.
To be truly effective in taking your audience on a journey from awareness to conversion, great content marketing needs to be built around two things: a clear strategy and excellent written content.
But with so many channels to choose from and so many ways to write, finding the right route forward can be confusing and time-consuming.
This course helps you shortcut this process – providing a clear framework for identifying what you want to achieve and a raft of ideas on how to achieve it.
The aim of the course is to make you a more confident, conversion-centred content creator. It takes you on a deep dive through strategically planning and producing effective content that puts you in control of your customer journey. Focusing on the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ of content marketing, it will help you create the compelling content to take your prospects from awareness to conversion.
You’ll benefit from the expertise of two highly experienced specialists in their fields: a marketing strategist and a content/copywriter, giving you access to deep insights and tried and tested practical advice at every stage of the content creation process.
Who is the course for?
Are you involved in the planning and/or execution of content marketing, whether that’s blogs, social media posts, video content, sales letters, email marketing and more? If you want to understand how to make your content even more effective, and discover fresh ideas on making it happen, this course is for you.
- How to be a more confident content creator
- How to be conversion-centred by setting goals (not necessarily sales)
- How your content fits into your marketing machine
- The customer journey – crafting the right message for the right stage
- Ways to identify your key challenges around content creation – and find solutions
- How to put together a content plan, with a simple, effective template for an editorial calendar
- How to go from plan to action plan: 3 key elements of great content
- How to measure if it’s working: what do you want and are you achieving it?
- When to add or subtract friction – when you want it and when you don’t
- The art of repurposing
- Professional writing tips: editing and proof-reading
- How can/do you use content?
- The customer journey – what’s the right message for the right stage?
- Identifying the challenges you face
- A powerful 5-stage planning process
- The key to consistent content publishing: using a simple but effective editorial calendar
- Exercise: let’s get planning
- Going from plan to action plan: 3 key elements of writing content:
- Start with a powerful headline
- Open with impact
- Weave in good crafting
- What action do you want your audience to take?
- Exercise: let’s write
- How are you measuring your results?
- Repurposing content – make it easier for yourself
- Looking professional: editing and proof-reading tips
- Any questions?
- Action points and key takeaways
This course also includes access to our Writers’ Study, a password protected webspace where we have posted articles, videos, tools and other useful content to help to continue developing as a copywriter after completing the course.
Our open courses take place in central London at bright, energising and creativity inspiring venues. No dingy hotel meeting rooms here! A tasty and healthy breakfast and lunch as well as unlimited refreshments are available during the day.
This workshop can be delivered live online by our expert trainers as virtual training for groups or as one-to-one coaching for individuals. Normally we split the content into two modules to help keep delegates fresh, and include lots of interaction and practical elements – just as we would in the classroom.
Gillian’s experience as a copywriter who has written award winning work, combined with many years working as a trainer and communicator, make her a highly effective and popular teacher. Running her own copywriting agency for over a decade, she has worked with clients ranging from international household names to new start-ups, and has written everything from direct mail and brochures to TV ads. As a trainer Gillian especially enjoys the process of creating bespoke workshops focusing on specific industry issues and writing challenges. Her warm personality and engaging training style bring the best out of those she teaches, helping them build confidence as well as technique during their time together.
During Susan’s 20+ year career, she has worked across sectors ranging from pharmaceuticals, finance, high tech, asset management, construction, high end consumer goods, professional services and more. In 2009 she founded her own agency, putting her skills to work for growing SMEs. She delivers services ranging from website design, conversion rate optimisation, search engine optimisation, pay per click advertising and social engagement to email marketing and more. Her endless energy, enthusiasm and breadth of knowledge bring the training experience to life. She delivers key takeaways in the context of real-world working practice that can be implemented immediately.
How to book
8 July 2020, St Pancras, London
11 November 2020, St Pancras, London
1 delegate: £595+VAT
2 delegates: £995+VAT
3 delegates: £1345+VAT
If you have any questions about this or any of our other courses, please get in touch and we’d be very happy to help.