Master the art and science of copywriting
27 June or 20 November, London and in-house UK-wide.
This course has been developed specifically to meet the needs of experienced copywriters and marketing writers. If you’re already writing marketing copy and have a firm foundation in the essentials of persuasive writing, this is the course that can take your writing to the next level.
During an interactive and lively day, copywriting guru Gillian Heggs will take you beyond the comfort zone of textbook copy, helping you improve the impact and originality of your writing across contexts and media. The course ranges widely, drawing on useful insights from the worlds of psychology, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, narrative analysis and the science of persuasion.
You’ll also learn a suite of thinking and creativity tools, from Gillian’s own ‘copywriting wheel’ to brand storytelling techniques. But this isn’t just a course about how to think better about copywriting, it’s also about how to apply that knowledge to make a tangible impact on your writing. So during the day there’s plenty of time allocated to trying out and experimenting with your new knowledge – with Gillian’s support.
This course is an ideal stand-alone programme for experienced copywriters and marketing writers. It’s also a follow-up to our Essential Copywriting course, enabling you to build on what you’ve already learnt.
Who is the course for?
This course is right for you if…
- You’re a good copywriter or marketing writer, but want to become great.
- You’re an experienced copywriter looking for ways to freshen up your writing.
- … or you’ve attended Gillian’s Essential Copywriting course and want to take things a step further.
If you’re not at this stage yet, you might be interested in our Essential Copywriting course.
- A refresher on key copywriting basics
- A reminder of key copywriting planning questions
- Deep insights from other areas including persuasion, psychology and NLP
- How to use the art of storytelling in your copywriting
- A suite of elegant writing techniques
- Creative thinking skills to help enhance your copy
- Ways to develop an authentic voice
- A powerful tool to help keep your progress on track after the course
- Constructive, helpful feedback on your existing copywriting
- The copywriting wheel – based on a coaching tool that Gillian’s adapted for this course as an aid to assessing your own copywriting needs
- Let’s get creative – an exercise in looking at things differently
- Drawing on knowledge from other fields – persuasion, psychology and NLP
- Powerful copywriting examples – what makes copy successful?
- Quiz: what are your top 7 planning questions?
- What’s the big idea – when we’re looking to create authentic difference
- Brand storytelling – examining this powerful tool for engagement
- Refresher: 21 top copywriting tips
- 7 copywriting formulas – let’s look at some of the most common copywriting models
- 7 elegant writing techniques including alliteration, parallelism and metaphor
- Let’s practise across a campaign – bring your own project (one you’re happy to discuss and share) or I’ll bring an exercise for us
- Moving on: your next steps
This course also includes access to our Writers’ Study, a password protected webspace where we have posted articles, videos, tools and other useful content to help to continue developing as a copywriter after completing the course.
Our open courses take place in central London at bright, energising and creativity inspiring venues. No dingy hotel meeting rooms here! A tasty and healthy breakfast and lunch as well as unlimited refreshments are available during the day.
Gillian’s experience as a copywriter who has written award winning work, combined with many years working as a trainer and communicator make her a highly effective and popular teacher. Running her own copywriting agency for over a decade, she has worked with clients ranging from international household names to new start-ups, and has written everything from direct mail and brochures to TV ads. As a trainer Gillian especially enjoys the process of creating bespoke workshops focusing on specific industry issues and writing challenges. Her warm personality and engaging training style bring the best out of those she teaches, helping them build confidence as well as technique during their time together.
How to book
27 June 2019, St Pancras, London
20 November 2019, St Pancras, London
We can come to you to delivered this course at your offices or a convenient venue anywhere in the UK.
In most cases we can provide an all-inclusive quote to cover design, delivery and materials with some basic information:
- Which course you are interested in
- Where the course would take place
- How many delegates need to be trained
Just drop us a line with these basic facts and we’ll get back to you with a no-obligation quote on the same day.
If you have any questions about this or any of our other courses, please get in touch and we’d be very happy to help.